the birdsnest
the birdsnest
the birdsnest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cb electronics

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one Empty
PostSubject: F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one   F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one Empty8/11/2009, 2:28 am

So Im sitting here stewing about the Magnum and start thinking back and realize for like the past 2 years {I have been going there for like 10] that I have had at least 1 if not several problems with every radio I have purchased at R&R. Well here it is...the F U email...Im done no more running back and forth to Delaware several times to get a radio rite.ENJOY!!!!

First off I must say that it truly,deeply saddens me to say this but.....After 10 years and countless radios purchased I will no longer be using R&R for my radio needs.I was perfectly happy with your service and products up until maybe 1 1/2 to 2 years ago.I guess it was approximately that time frame when I purchased a Galaxy 33hp,the new one soon after it came out.After encountering a few problems with the radio I took notice that there were obvious scratch marks where the bracket went.I myself never installed much less even took the bracket out of the box.When brought in to have the issues with the radio fixed I pointed this out to Russ who told me there was absolutely no way that the radio was ever used.I of course knew he was wrong but sucked it up and figured I would be satisfied as long as the issues were taken care of which they were.This same radio was in 3 more times for other ongoing issues until Russ honerably allowed me to trade it for a new General Lee.
Approximately 6/8 months ago I purchased a new RCI 2980wx base station.Upon getting it home I noticed immediately that there were obvious issues with the radio.The recieve quite honestly sucked...this thing was stone deaf.The recieve light kept flickering from bright to dim and there were a couple other issues that I cant quite honestly recall at the time.Upon bringing it back Dustin hooked up the radio and took some readings and measurements.He then asked me who did this radio for you? Russ was my reply.Im sure they will both remember what happened next...Dustin turned to Russ and bluntly asked...what the hell were you thinking when you did this radio? What were you asleep or something? Dustin fixed all the issues with the radio and I went on my way.Now if I had any common sense I would have just written you guys off rite then and there,unfortunately for me I didnt.I purchased a Magnum 257 a month ago and guess what? The thing is stone deaf.I have to hook it up to my T.S.250 with the recieve amp in it in order to be able to hear many of the people I can hear just fine on any other radio.Am I going to bring it back and give you guys a chance to make it rite? HELL NO!!! Im done running back and forth from the Perkiomen Valley in Pa. to Delaware 2/3/4 times every time I get a radio from you just so you can make it rite.When a radio leaves your shop it should be rite...no excuses,do it once and do it rite not just slap it together half assed and worry about it later if it comes back.I will now take my radio purchases to Sparkys,I have been buying accessories there for a couple years already and they have treated me very well.I liked getting my radios from you guys because it was a quick day trip and I could see,feel and just plain check out radios up close and personal but you know what? Its just not worth the trouble and aggrevation anymore.

Shawn Kirkpatrick
Back to top Go down
binrat

binrat

PostSubject: Re: F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one   F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one Empty8/11/2009, 12:56 pm

Could I see this coming....yes. Is it nessecary for a customer to go this far before moving thier hard earned $$ someplace else.....not if the store wants to stay competitive.

Shawn - you know that I been dealing with Sparky's for a few years with always good results. Al at Sparky's is a true business man, where repeat business is important to him, and he understands the concept of "word of Mouth" referrals. My only wish is for Sparky's to carry the ham gear I want.

Malen
Back to top Go down
http://www.adventureupwards.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one   F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one Empty8/11/2009, 3:15 pm

[quote="binrat"]Could I see this coming....yes. Is it nessecary for a customer to go this far before moving thier hard earned $$ someplace else.....not if the store wants to stay competitive.

Shawn - you know that I been dealing with Sparky's for a few years with always good results. Al at Sparky's is a true business man, where repeat business is important to him, and he understands the concept of "word of Mouth" referrals. My only wish is for Sparky's to carry the ham gear I want.

Malen[/quote] there is a good radio tech in reading two watt why ship your radios else whewre like i have been telling people for years r&r is a rip offwhy did it take so long to sink in i have never had a problem wit two watt
Back to top Go down
http://skiptalke1.forumotion.com
binrat

binrat

PostSubject: Re: F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one   F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one Empty8/11/2009, 4:10 pm

Henry,
Everyone has their own choice of techs. If Shawn has been using Sparky's for things for a few years and is happy with him, good for him. You are happy with two watt, good for you, but Shawn may have reasons that he feels is valid not too use him, so be it. The choice of techs is like selecting you shirt in the morning, some prefer a dress shirt while some will go for a tee shirt while overs will go a for golf style of shirt.

binrat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one   F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one Empty8/12/2009, 12:33 am

binrat wrote:
Henry,
Everyone has their own choice of techs. If Shawn has been using Sparky's for things for a few years and is happy with him, good for him. You are happy with two watt, good for you, but Shawn may have reasons that he feels is valid not too use him, so be it. The choice of techs is like selecting you shirt in the morning, some prefer a dress shirt while some will go for a tee shirt while overs will go a for golf style of shirt.

binrat
Dang man your like one of the great philosophers [is that how you spell thet?] I love you Seriously though,very well said. flower Shawn
Back to top Go down
binrat

binrat

PostSubject: Re: F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one   F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one Empty8/17/2009, 2:37 pm

Hey,
Just to proof a point. What is everybody wearing for a shirt today?

I'm wearing a tee shirt under a long sleeve shirt.

binrat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one   F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one Empty8/17/2009, 3:14 pm

binrat wrote:
Hey,

binrat
What the h3ll...did winter set in up there already? Im wearing a t shirt and feel like thats too much haha Shawn
Back to top Go down
binrat

binrat

PostSubject: Re: F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one   F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one Empty8/18/2009, 12:42 pm

outlawmobile wrote:
binrat wrote:
Hey,

binrat
What the h3ll...did winter set in up there already? Im wearing a t shirt and feel like thats too much haha Shawn

No man, wearing my uniform, it sucks like h3ll..............sweating about 2 buckets a day, but I'm serving the country.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one   F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one Empty8/18/2009, 1:08 pm

[quote="binrat"][quote="outlawmobile"][quote="binrat"]Hey,

binrat[/quote] What the h3ll...did winter set in up there already? Im wearing a t shirt and feel like thats too much haha Shawn[/quote]

No man, wearing my uniform, it sucks like h3ll..............sweating about 2 buckets a day, but I'm serving the country.[/quote]what are you in the army?????
Back to top Go down
binrat

binrat

PostSubject: Re: F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one   F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one Empty8/18/2009, 1:42 pm

Henry,
yes.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one   F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one Empty8/18/2009, 11:42 pm

[quote="binrat"]Henry,
yes.[/quote]making all the big bucks what branch are you in
Back to top Go down
binrat

binrat

PostSubject: Re: F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one   F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one Empty8/19/2009, 1:30 am

no big bucks, just a clerk
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one   F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one Empty8/20/2009, 11:15 pm

[quote="binrat"]no big bucks, just a clerk[/quote]is that something like an outlaw
Back to top Go down
binrat

binrat

PostSubject: Re: F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one   F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one Empty8/21/2009, 12:24 am

no way man, I've seen pictures of OUTLAW. I'm much better looking.

binrat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one   F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one Empty8/21/2009, 12:25 am

Haaaaaah Im offended...what the heck kinda question is that????? Geeeeesh!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one   F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one Empty8/21/2009, 12:25 am

And the reply... WELL THEN
Back to top Go down
binrat

binrat

PostSubject: Re: F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one   F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one Empty8/21/2009, 1:13 am

outlawmobile wrote:

but then again I use a stainless steel mirror Shocked

binrat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one   F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one Empty8/21/2009, 1:35 am

binrat wrote:
outlawmobile wrote:

but then again I use a stainless steel mirror Shocked

binrat
hahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one   F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one Empty

Back to top Go down

F U R&R....B.B. you ought to love this one
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the birdsnest :: Basket :: Birds Nest :: Cb Radio-
Jump to: