the birdsnest
the birdsnest
the birdsnest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cb electronics

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dave-Made 2 Element Beam

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Dave-Made 2 Element Beam Empty
PostSubject: Dave-Made 2 Element Beam   Dave-Made 2 Element Beam Empty7/26/2009, 11:23 pm

Picked up my original 2 element Dave from one of the locals today.Got her all cleaned and polished up today so tomorrow its time to put her together and get her up in the air.I have heard really good things about these little beams so we shall see,I will keep you posted,Shawn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave-Made 2 Element Beam   Dave-Made 2 Element Beam Empty7/28/2009, 1:20 am

Well shes together and up in the air.Got some more work to do tomorrow taking down the Rangermaster and stealing some mast pipe from that to get the beam up higher then put the Imax back up.Think Im going to move the beam from the cement slab by the pool to up on the second floor deck.With 15 feet of mast I should be able to get it up high enough to clear the roof and tree limbs and bamboo stalks.Hard part will be either getting it up there in one piece or will even be tough to assemble it on the deck and then hoist it up cause the decks not wide enough to just lay it out.Oh well where theres a will theres a way they say.I will get it up there one way or another.Then when thats all done I have the Rangermaster to tear apart and clean up then probably shrink wrap it all up and It can sit in my storage over the garage for now.I tell ya I have more antenna projects going on over here...its nuts!Shawn
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dave-Made 2 Element Beam   Dave-Made 2 Element Beam Empty7/28/2009, 12:17 pm

[quote="outlawmobile"]Well shes together and up in the air.Got some more work to do tomorrow taking down the Rangermaster and stealing some mast pipe from that to get the beam up higher then put the Imax back up.Think Im going to move the beam from the cement slab by the pool to up on the second floor deck.With 15 feet of mast I should be able to get it up high enough to clear the roof and tree limbs and bamboo stalks.Hard part will be either getting it up there in one piece or will even be tough to assemble it on the deck and then hoist it up cause the decks not wide enough to just lay it out.Oh well where theres a will theres a way they say.I will get it up there one way or another.Then when thats all done I have the Rangermaster to tear apart and clean up then probably shrink wrap it all up and It can sit in my storage over the garage for now.I tell ya I have more antenna projects going on over here...its nuts!Shawn[/quote] why don't you put up a real beam one with both vertical and horizontal like a pdl 2i have a bearing plat and mounting and ham4 rotor do it the right way I love you Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://skiptalke1.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Dave-Made 2 Element Beam   Dave-Made 2 Element Beam Empty7/28/2009, 6:42 pm

Uhm well...I have no interest in a vertical beam.I have the Imax vertically polarized.I will use that for local talking,not that I do any of that anymore anyway theres way too many A-Holes around here..The beam will be for dx and far as I know flat side is best for that.Oh and I have a rotor on the way that comes with everything I will need...rotor,control box,cable and even a remote control.Dont worry dude I got this all under control.Shawn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave-Made 2 Element Beam   Dave-Made 2 Element Beam Empty8/5/2009, 8:50 pm

Ok heres a revision.i am going to go in a completely different direction here.There is already an eaves mount on the highest eave on the rear of the house.Not too far,meybe 15 feet from where the Imax is located rite now.I am going to utilize the eaves mount with mast run all way down and pounded into the ground to give everything more support.With 25 ft. of mast I will be about 4 feet above the roofline.I will attach the rotor to the top of that mast and insert a 5 foot section onto the rotor.The beam will get attached to the bottom of the 5 foot mast and the Imax will get attached at the top.According to antenna theory,and what I have been told by others this will work...well as a matter of fact.Since the Imax is vertically polarized it will not affect the horizontally polarized beam.On a side note...if anything the beam may actually improve the Imax performance a bit as the Imax should see its elements as ground plane Very Happy Now I just gotta pull all the pieces together,get em up on the roof and assemble them for installation,and then of course install them which should hopefully be the easy part.Can anyone tell me why I keep finding more projects for myself Question Question Question Question Question Shawn
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dave-Made 2 Element Beam   Dave-Made 2 Element Beam Empty8/5/2009, 11:32 pm

[quote="outlawmobile"]Ok heres a revision.i am going to go in a completely different direction here.There is already an eaves mount on the highest eave on the rear of the house.Not too far,meybe 15 feet from where the Imax is located rite now.I am going to utilize the eaves mount with mast run all way down and pounded into the ground to give everything more support.With 25 ft. of mast I will be about 4 feet above the roofline.I will attach the rotor to the top of that mast and insert a 5 foot section onto the rotor.The beam will get attached to the bottom of the 5 foot mast and the Imax will get attached at the top.According to antenna theory,and what I have been told by others this will work...well as a matter of fact.Since the Imax is vertically polarized it will not affect the horizontally polarized beam.On a side note...if anything the beam may actually improve the Imax performance a bit as the Imax should see its elements as ground plane Very Happy Now I just gotta pull all the pieces together,get em up on the roof and assemble them for installation,and then of course install them which should hopefully be the easy part.Can anyone tell me why I keep finding more projects for myself Question Question Question Question Question Shawn[/quote]to keep yourself out of trouble bagger and firestarter are destroying rf lunkies
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave-Made 2 Element Beam   Dave-Made 2 Element Beam Empty8/6/2009, 1:28 am

Theres a big surprise Shocked Firestarter is just a straight up a$$hole and Bagger is the pot stirrer.If stuff starts to die down and there is peace Bagger brings up certain things to certain people about other certain people and gets the hate and animosity going again.I guess that makes him an a$$hole too Very Happy Shawn

Last edited by outlawmobile on 8/6/2009, 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dave-Made 2 Element Beam   Dave-Made 2 Element Beam Empty8/6/2009, 2:14 am

[quote="outlawmobile"]Theres a big surprise Shocked Firestarter is just a straight up a$$hole and Bagger is the pot stirrer.If stuff starts to die down and there is peace Bagger brings up certain things to certain people about other certain people and gets the hate and animosity going again.I guess that makes him an a$$hole too Very Happy Shawn[/quote]you got that right i just started faze 2 when i am done he will be done on e-bay
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave-Made 2 Element Beam   Dave-Made 2 Element Beam Empty8/7/2009, 7:09 pm

outlawmobile wrote:
Ok heres a revision.i am going to go in a completely different direction here.There is already an eaves mount on the highest eave on the rear of the house.Not too far,meybe 15 feet from where the Imax is located rite now.I am going to utilize the eaves mount with mast run all way down and pounded into the ground to give everything more support.With 25 ft. of mast I will be about 4 feet above the roofline.I will attach the rotor to the top of that mast and insert a 5 foot section onto the rotor.The beam will get attached to the bottom of the 5 foot mast and the Imax will get attached at the top.According to antenna theory,and what I have been told by others this will work...well as a matter of fact.Since the Imax is vertically polarized it will not affect the horizontally polarized beam.On a side note...if anything the beam may actually improve the Imax performance a bit as the Imax should see its elements as ground plane Very Happy Now I just gotta pull all the pieces together,get em up on the roof and assemble them for installation,and then of course install them which should hopefully be the easy part.Can anyone tell me why I keep finding more projects for myself Question Question Question Question Question Shawn
Ok so heres the latest revision...I GIVE UP! The gable mount wont work after all because the roof was re-shingled since that was installed.The shingles overhang the edge of the roof too much now.I cant figure any safe and secure way to extend the mount out a couple of inches without doing something that may upset the landlord.I cant get it up high enough to clear the entire house and be spread out far onough from the Imax since they will or would be at tha same height since they would have to be mounted seperately any other way so like I said I give up...I conceed failure Sad Shawn
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dave-Made 2 Element Beam   Dave-Made 2 Element Beam Empty8/7/2009, 9:06 pm

[quote="outlawmobile"][quote="outlawmobile"]Ok heres a revision.i am going to go in a completely different direction here.There is already an eaves mount on the highest eave on the rear of the house.Not too far,meybe 15 feet from where the Imax is located rite now.I am going to utilize the eaves mount with mast run all way down and pounded into the ground to give everything more support.With 25 ft. of mast I will be about 4 feet above the roofline.I will attach the rotor to the top of that mast and insert a 5 foot section onto the rotor.The beam will get attached to the bottom of the 5 foot mast and the Imax will get attached at the top.According to antenna theory,and what I have been told by others this will work...well as a matter of fact.Since the Imax is vertically polarized it will not affect the horizontally polarized beam.On a side note...if anything the beam may actually improve the Imax performance a bit as the Imax should see its elements as ground plane Very Happy Now I just gotta pull all the pieces together,get em up on the roof and assemble them for installation,and then of course install them which should hopefully be the easy part.Can anyone tell me why I keep finding more projects for myself Question Question Question Question Question Shawn[/quote] Ok so heres the latest revision...I GIVE UP! The gable mount wont work after all because the roof was re-shingled since that was installed.The shingles overhang the edge of the roof too much now.I cant figure any safe and secure way to extend the mount out a couple of inches without doing something that may upset the landlord.I cant get it up high enough to clear the entire house and be spread out far onough from the Imax since they will or would be at tha same height since they would have to be mounted seperately any other way so like I said I give up...I conceed failure Sad Shawn[/quote]firestarter got a letter from the fcc that i sent and is shakeing in his boots the coward said if he goes down he will take 6or7 people in pp town with him what a puss
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave-Made 2 Element Beam   Dave-Made 2 Element Beam Empty8/9/2009, 4:43 am

Admin wrote:
outlawmobile wrote:
outlawmobile wrote:
Ok so heres the latest revision...I GIVE UP! The gable mount wont work after all because the roof was re-shingled since that was installed.The shingles overhang the edge of the roof too much now.I cant figure any safe and secure way to extend the mount out a couple of inches without doing something that may upset the landlord.I cant get it up high enough to clear the entire house and be spread out far onough from the Imax since they will or would be at tha same height since they would have to be mounted seperately any other way so like I said I give up...I conceed failure Sad Shawn
firestarter got a letter from the fcc that i sent and is shakeing in his boots the coward said if he goes down he will take 6or7 people in pp town with him what a puss
Hahaha Yeah I heard about that.Hes busy over there rite now changing things over so his illegally modified[for 11 meters] ham gear is squared away and he went and got some purely virgin stock Rat Shack radio for his cb hahahaha What a friggin joke! August 23rd is supposedly his inspection date and yes he said when they leave they are going to be leaving with a hit list as it were.God knows that little rat bastard could never just take whats coming to him and bite the bullet.I guarantee you if he does that someone is going to catch him some night all alone coming out of the convenience store or something and ring his bell but good.Shawn
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dave-Made 2 Element Beam   Dave-Made 2 Element Beam Empty8/9/2009, 9:10 pm

[quote="outlawmobile"][quote="Admin"][quote="outlawmobile"][quote="outlawmobile"]Ok heres a revision.i am going to go in a completely different direction here.There is already an eaves mount on the highest eave on the rear of the house.Not too far,meybe 15 feet from where the Imax is located rite now.I am going to utilize the eaves mount with mast run all way down and pounded into the ground to give everything more support.With 25 ft. of mast I will be about 4 feet above the roofline.I will attach the rotor to the top of that mast and insert a 5 foot section onto the rotor.The beam will get attached to the bottom of the 5 foot mast and the Imax will get attached at the top.According to antenna theory,and what I have been told by others this will work...well as a matter of fact.Since the Imax is vertically polarized it will not affect the horizontally polarized beam.On a side note...if anything the beam may actually improve the Imax performance a bit as the Imax should see its elements as ground plane Very Happy Now I just gotta pull all the pieces together,get em up on the roof and assemble them for installation,and then of course install them which should hopefully be the easy part.Can anyone tell me why I keep finding more projects for myself Question Question Question Question Question Shawn[/quote] Ok so heres the latest revision...I GIVE UP! The gable mount wont work after all because the roof was re-shingled since that was installed.The shingles overhang the edge of the roof too much now.I cant figure any safe and secure way to extend the mount out a couple of inches without doing something that may upset the landlord.I cant get it up high enough to clear the entire house and be spread out far onough from the Imax since they will or would be at tha same height since they would have to be mounted seperately any other way so like I said I give up...I conceed failure Sad Shawn[/quote]firestarter got a letter from the fcc that i sent and is shakeing in his boots the coward said if he goes down he will take 6or7 people in pp town with him what a puss[/quote] Hahaha Yeah I heard about that.Hes busy over there rite now changing things over so his illegally modified[for 11 meters] ham gear is squared away and he went and got some purely virgin stock Rat Shack radio for his cb hahahaha What a friggin joke! August 23rd is supposedly his inspection date and yes he said when they leave they are going to be leaving with a hit list as it were.God knows that little rat bastard could never just take whats coming to him and bite the bullet.I guarantee you if he does that someone is going to catch him some night all alone coming out of the convenience store or something and ring his bell but good.Shawn[/quote]the vans have already been around and have him on tape i hope they nail him good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave-Made 2 Element Beam   Dave-Made 2 Element Beam Empty8/9/2009, 9:47 pm

Admin wrote:
outlawmobile wrote:
Admin wrote:
outlawmobile wrote:
outlawmobile wrote:
firestarter got a letter from the fcc that i sent and is shakeing in his boots the coward said if he goes down he will take 6or7 people in pp town with him what a puss
Hahaha Yeah I heard about that.Hes busy over there rite now changing things over so his illegally modified[for 11 meters] ham gear is squared away and he went and got some purely virgin stock Rat Shack radio for his cb hahahaha What a friggin joke! August 23rd is supposedly his inspection date and yes he said when they leave they are going to be leaving with a hit list as it were.God knows that little rat bastard could never just take whats coming to him and bite the bullet.I guarantee you if he does that someone is going to catch him some night all alone coming out of the convenience store or something and ring his bell but good.Shawn
the vans have already been around and have him on tape i hope they nail him good
If they have him on tape in one of his foul mouthed drunken tirades they will nail his sack to the wall.At the very least they will take his ham ticket from him.At the worst they will take his ticket and nail him with thousands in fines.The FCC does not look favorably at hams who go to 11 meters and cause all kinds of mayhem,it makes all hams look bad. Embarassed Shawn
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dave-Made 2 Element Beam   Dave-Made 2 Element Beam Empty8/9/2009, 10:02 pm

[quote="outlawmobile"][quote="Admin"][quote="outlawmobile"][quote="Admin"][quote="outlawmobile"][quote="outlawmobile"]Ok heres a revision.i am going to go in a completely different direction here.There is already an eaves mount on the highest eave on the rear of the house.Not too far,meybe 15 feet from where the Imax is located rite now.I am going to utilize the eaves mount with mast run all way down and pounded into the ground to give everything more support.With 25 ft. of mast I will be about 4 feet above the roofline.I will attach the rotor to the top of that mast and insert a 5 foot section onto the rotor.The beam will get attached to the bottom of the 5 foot mast and the Imax will get attached at the top.According to antenna theory,and what I have been told by others this will work...well as a matter of fact.Since the Imax is vertically polarized it will not affect the horizontally polarized beam.On a side note...if anything the beam may actually improve the Imax performance a bit as the Imax should see its elements as ground plane Very Happy Now I just gotta pull all the pieces together,get em up on the roof and assemble them for installation,and then of course install them which should hopefully be the easy part.Can anyone tell me why I keep finding more projects for myself Question Question Question Question Question Shawn[/quote] Ok so heres the latest revision...I GIVE UP! The gable mount wont work after all because the roof was re-shingled since that was installed.The shingles overhang the edge of the roof too much now.I cant figure any safe and secure way to extend the mount out a couple of inches without doing something that may upset the landlord.I cant get it up high enough to clear the entire house and be spread out far onough from the Imax since they will or would be at tha same height since they would have to be mounted seperately any other way so like I said I give up...I conceed failure Sad Shawn[/quote]firestarter got a letter from the fcc that i sent and is shakeing in his boots the coward said if he goes down he will take 6or7 people in pp town with him what a puss[/quote] Hahaha Yeah I heard about that.Hes busy over there rite now changing things over so his illegally modified[for 11 meters] ham gear is squared away and he went and got some purely virgin stock Rat Shack radio for his cb hahahaha What a friggin joke! August 23rd is supposedly his inspection date and yes he said when they leave they are going to be leaving with a hit list as it were.God knows that little rat bastard could never just take whats coming to him and bite the bullet.I guarantee you if he does that someone is going to catch him some night all alone coming out of the convenience store or something and ring his bell but good.Shawn[/quote]the vans have already been around and have him on tape i hope they nail him good[/quote] If they have him on tape in one of his foul mouthed drunken tirades they will nail his sack to the wall.At the very least they will take his ham ticket from him.At the worst they will take his ticket and nail him with thousands in fines.The FCC does not look favorably at hams who go to 11 meters and cause all kinds of mayhem,it makes all hams look bad. Embarassed Shawn[/quote]i heard monkey saw two fcc vans an took pics of them at pp town wal-mart
Back to top Go down
binrat

binrat

PostSubject: Re: Dave-Made 2 Element Beam   Dave-Made 2 Element Beam Empty8/10/2009, 11:55 am

All this FCC and stuff, if you were a real redneck there outlaw, they could never find you up in the hills broadcasting down to the world with your dave made.

binrat
Back to top Go down
http://www.adventureupwards.com

PostSubject: Re: Dave-Made 2 Element Beam   Dave-Made 2 Element Beam Empty8/10/2009, 12:12 pm

binrat wrote:
All this FCC and stuff, if you were a real redneck there outlaw, they could never find you up in the hills broadcasting down to the world with your dave made.

binrat
The FCC doesnt worry me in the least.Hell Im small potatoes around here man.We got guys running around with miltiple alternator,battery bank,16 pill mobiles.And we have multiple hams around here running power,cussing up a storm,locking the channel down literally for hours on end you name it.Nope me and my measely little 200 watts and the fact that Im not in there 24/7 like most of the locals,Im only on in very short bursts when the skip rolls.What me worry Question I dont think so Very Happy Shawn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dave-Made 2 Element Beam   Dave-Made 2 Element Beam Empty

Back to top Go down

Dave-Made 2 Element Beam
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the birdsnest :: Basket :: Birds Nest :: Cb Radio-
Jump to: