the birdsnest
the birdsnest
the birdsnest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cb electronics

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Magnum 257

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Magnum 257 Empty
PostSubject: Magnum 257   Magnum 257 Empty7/12/2009, 5:39 pm

Well picked up a new[to me] car[97 Grand-Am SE] and guess what????? A regular size export chassis was about impossible to find a spot for and the few I found that were big enough I didnt like...like rite on top of the dash so it can be seen by everyone not to mention get cooked by the sun.Well I dug the black chrome 29 out of the closet and lo and behold it fit rite in the catch all area under the dash.Sooooooooo seeing as how a 29 doesnt have ssb that wasnt going to work for me but at least it gave me something to go on.I checked Evilbay for some of the older Uniden ssb radios that used the smaller chassis and they were few and far between.Not to mention they just wouldnt look like they belonged in the car because of obvious styling differences between an early 80s radio and a late 90s car.Enter the Magnun 257...actually even a little bit smaller than a 29 with ssb and all the channels you could ever want.It was a no bnrainer so I purchased one.Havent had much opportunity to put it thru its paces yet but initial impression is that this is a really neat little radio.It also looks awesome in the car,looks like it belongs there instead of like an add on.So I shall keep you all posted in the coming days and weeks as to just how well it performs.BUMP BUMP!!!!! Shawn P.S. yes I sucked it up and bought it at R&R on the way to the shore.I however did not let Russ get his hands on it,Dustin did the conversion and alignment.After all he was the one who fixed the last radio I bought there that Russ hacked.cya bye
Back to top Go down
binrat

binrat

Magnum 257 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magnum 257   Magnum 257 Empty7/13/2009, 2:03 pm

Let us know how it works, its small and from what I hear it really rocks for performance wise.

binrat
Back to top Go down
http://www.adventureupwards.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Magnum 257 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magnum 257   Magnum 257 Empty7/13/2009, 2:53 pm

[quote="binrat"]Let us know how it works, its small and from what I hear it really rocks for performance wise.

binrat[/quote]not if r&r did the work
Back to top Go down
http://skiptalke1.forumotion.com

Magnum 257 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magnum 257   Magnum 257 Empty7/13/2009, 3:59 pm

binrat wrote:
Let us know how it works, its small and from what I hear it really rocks for performance wise.

binrat
Haha funny you say that...had it out the other night and had a couple "is that a base or a mobile" questions.That always makes ya feel good.Heck Im even using the stock mic and still getting great reports.Receive wise Im not sure yet.Either it just has a very quiet recieve ie. very little white noise or it needs something done to perk up the recieve.Time will tell,like I said I havent had too much talk time on it as of yet so well see.I gotta try and take a pic or 2 and post them.Youd be amazed just how good it looks in the car,almost like it was designed to be there.BUMP BUMP Shawn
Back to top Go down

Magnum 257 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magnum 257   Magnum 257 Empty7/13/2009, 4:15 pm

Admin wrote:
binrat wrote:

binrat
not if r&r did the work
Oh cmon B.B. do you mean to tell me I have sounded bad for the like 8/9 years I have known you? I mean almost every radio I have had in that time has come from R&R,at least the new ones have. I know they screwed you on some Browning deal or something and your still upset about it but cmon you gotta admit they do a pretty good job tech wise,at least Dustin does.I love 2watt Willy and all and mean no desrespect to the man but.....where do you think he takes stuff thats over his head and out of his area of expertise????? Yup you got it...R&R.Dont believe me?Ask him hell tell you...he has me.Allright off this topic...its not going to go anywhere anyway.Hows life down there in the little D? I bet your bored out of your gourd without all the action on channel 21 Very Happy Have you found a local crowd in your area? Set up a base yet? We should try some night and see if I can hit you from up on Happy Valley.Allright let me shut down this mess and step wide and to the side...your 327 outlawmobile around the Keystone just got down...BUMP BUMP!!!!! Shawn
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Magnum 257 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magnum 257   Magnum 257 Empty7/14/2009, 1:00 pm

[quote="outlawmobile"][quote="Admin"][quote="binrat"]Let us know how it works, its small and from what I hear it really rocks for performance wise.

binrat[/quote]not if r&r did the work[/quote] Oh cmon B.B. do you mean to tell me I have sounded bad for the like 8/9 years I have known you? I mean almost every radio I have had in that time has come from R&R,at least the new ones have. I know they screwed you on some Browning deal or something and your still upset about it but cmon you gotta admit they do a pretty good job tech wise,at least Dustin does.I love 2watt Willy and all and mean no desrespect to the man but.....where do you think he takes stuff thats over his head and out of his area of expertise????? Yup you got it...R&R.Dont believe me?Ask him hell tell you...he has me.Allright off this topic...its not going to go anywhere anyway.Hows life down there in the little D? I bet your bored out of your gourd without all the action on channel 21 Very Happy Have you found a local crowd in your area? Set up a base yet? We should try some night and see if I can hit you from up on Happy Valley.Allright let me shut down this mess and step wide and to the side...your 327 outlawmobile around the Keystone just got down...BUMP BUMP!!!!! Shawn[/quote] you know how i feel about the rip off r&r have met a good croud down here there is no idiots like 21 real nice people have been doing a lot of biking with my new friends still waiting for some help to put up antenna Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

Magnum 257 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magnum 257   Magnum 257 Empty7/14/2009, 2:30 pm

Admin wrote:
outlawmobile wrote:
Admin wrote:
binrat wrote:

binrat
not if r&r did the work
Oh cmon B.B. do you mean to tell me I have sounded bad for the like 8/9 years I have known you? I mean almost every radio I have had in that time has come from R&R,at least the new ones have. I know they screwed you on some Browning deal or something and your still upset about it but cmon you gotta admit they do a pretty good job tech wise,at least Dustin does.I love 2watt Willy and all and mean no desrespect to the man but.....where do you think he takes stuff thats over his head and out of his area of expertise????? Yup you got it...R&R.Dont believe me?Ask him hell tell you...he has me.Allright off this topic...its not going to go anywhere anyway.Hows life down there in the little D? I bet your bored out of your gourd without all the action on channel 21 Very Happy Have you found a local crowd in your area? Set up a base yet? We should try some night and see if I can hit you from up on Happy Valley.Allright let me shut down this mess and step wide and to the side...your 327 outlawmobile around the Keystone just got down...BUMP BUMP!!!!! Shawn
you know how i feel about the rip off r&r have met a good croud down here there is no idiots like 21 real nice people have been doing a lot of biking with my new friends still waiting for some help to put up antenna Twisted Evil
Tower and antenna??? Or just antenna??? Whats your address down there...let me see if it could be made into a day trip.BUMP BUMP,Shawn
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Magnum 257 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magnum 257   Magnum 257 Empty7/15/2009, 1:28 am

[quote="outlawmobile"][quote="Admin"][quote="outlawmobile"][quote="Admin"][quote="binrat"]Let us know how it works, its small and from what I hear it really rocks for performance wise.

binrat[/quote]not if r&r did the work[/quote] Oh cmon B.B. do you mean to tell me I have sounded bad for the like 8/9 years I have known you? I mean almost every radio I have had in that time has come from R&R,at least the new ones have. I know they screwed you on some Browning deal or something and your still upset about it but cmon you gotta admit they do a pretty good job tech wise,at least Dustin does.I love 2watt Willy and all and mean no desrespect to the man but.....where do you think he takes stuff thats over his head and out of his area of expertise????? Yup you got it...R&R.Dont believe me?Ask him hell tell you...he has me.Allright off this topic...its not going to go anywhere anyway.Hows life down there in the little D? I bet your bored out of your gourd without all the action on channel 21 Very Happy Have you found a local crowd in your area? Set up a base yet? We should try some night and see if I can hit you from up on Happy Valley.Allright let me shut down this mess and step wide and to the side...your 327 outlawmobile around the Keystone just got down...BUMP BUMP!!!!! Shawn[/quote] you know how i feel about the rip off r&r have met a good croud down here there is no idiots like 21 real nice people have been doing a lot of biking with my new friends still waiting for some help to put up antenna Twisted Evil[/quote] Tower and antenna??? Or just antenna??? Whats your address down there...let me see if it could be made into a day trip.BUMP BUMP,Shawn[/quote]put up antenna today moniter channel 24 address is 15620 pepperbox rs delmar de. let me know a day in advance
Back to top Go down

Magnum 257 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magnum 257   Magnum 257 Empty7/15/2009, 3:25 am

Admin wrote:
outlawmobile wrote:
Admin wrote:
outlawmobile wrote:
Admin wrote:
binrat wrote:

binrat
not if r&r did the work
you know how i feel about the rip off r&r have met a good croud down here there is no idiots like 21 real nice people have been doing a lot of biking with my new friends still waiting for some help to put up antenna Twisted Evil
Tower and antenna??? Or just antenna??? Whats your address down there...let me see if it could be made into a day trip.BUMP BUMP,Shawn
put up antenna today moniter channel 24 address is 15620 pepperbox rs delmar de. let me know a day in advance
Tin fo...I will try and remember to check 24 once in a while when Im up on the hill.Not sure but I think I should be able to talk down there from the mountain with a 2 pill.Put it on ya later,Shawn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Magnum 257 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magnum 257   Magnum 257 Empty

Back to top Go down

Magnum 257
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the birdsnest :: Basket :: Birds Nest :: Cb Radio-
Jump to: