the birdsnest

cb electronics
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 New Toy.......

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: New Toy.......   8/28/2009, 12:20 am

[img][/img] 40 amp power supply...$75.00 No I didnt really have it but I just couldnt pass it up,plus I was tired of running the T.S. 250 off a car battery and trickle charger.Thank goodness for Craigslist hahaha,Shawn
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 194
Join date : 2009-03-05
Age : 74
Location : southern de

PostSubject: Re: New Toy.......   8/28/2009, 1:19 pm

[quote="outlawmobile"][img][img]http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif[/img][/img] 40 amp power supply...$75.00 No I didnt really have it but I just couldnt pass it up,plus I was tired of running the T.S. 250 off a car battery and trickle charger.Thank goodness for Craigslist hahaha,Shawn[/quote] now all you need is a good base
Back to top Go down
http://skiptalke1.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New Toy.......   8/28/2009, 2:48 pm

Admin wrote:
outlawmobile wrote:
[img][/img] 40 amp power supply...$75.00 No I didnt really have it but I just couldnt pass it up,plus I was tired of running the T.S. 250 off a car battery and trickle charger.Thank goodness for Craigslist hahaha,Shawn
now all you need is a good base
Galaxy 88 has been working just fine as a base for me,dont really need anymore than that.d104 into Galaxy 88 into T.S. 250 into Imax 2000 5 8 wave.Upcoming improvments will be a Dosy tc-4001p pow/mod/swr meter and an oldie but goodie Barker and Williamson tvi filter...both are being shipped as we speak,dont ask...a couple other mint pieces I just couldnt pass up at rock bottom prices.Improvments yet to come might be but not limited to a ground plane kit for the Imax and a new Texas Star,probably dx350hdv or the newer dx 399v not sure which but gotta sell some dead inventory over here before any of that is going to happen. Very Happy Shawn
P.S. hey Binrat...Michigan,Wisconsin or New York Question Which one is closer from your area Question You name the state and town and I will meet you at the Mc'donalds parking lot and well get this thing on lol! Show you how us Pennsylvania hillbillies roll What a Face HAHAHAHAHA BUMP BUMP!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 194
Join date : 2009-03-05
Age : 74
Location : southern de

PostSubject: Re: New Toy.......   8/28/2009, 4:34 pm

[quote="outlawmobile"][quote="Admin"][quote="outlawmobile"][img][img]http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif[/img][/img] 40 amp power supply...$75.00 No I didnt really have it but I just couldnt pass it up,plus I was tired of running the T.S. 250 off a car battery and trickle charger.Thank goodness for Craigslist hahaha,Shawn[/quote] now all you need is a good base[/quote] Galaxy 88 has been working just fine as a base for me,dont really need anymore than that.d104 into Galaxy 88 into T.S. 250 into Imax 2000 5 8 wave.Upcoming improvments will be a Dosy tc-4001p pow/mod/swr meter and an oldie but goodie Barker and Williamson tvi filter...both are being shipped as we speak,dont ask...a couple other mint pieces I just couldnt pass up at rock bottom prices.Improvments yet to come might be but not limited to a ground plane kit for the Imax and a new Texas Star,probably dx350hdv or the newer dx 399v not sure which but gotta sell some dead inventory over here before any of that is going to happen. Very Happy Shawn
P.S. hey Binrat...Michigan,Wisconsin or New York Question Which one is closer from your area Question You name the state and town and I will meet you at the Mc'donalds parking lot and well get this thing on lol! Show you how us Pennsylvania hillbillies roll What a Face HAHAHAHAHA BUMP BUMP!!!!!!![/quote]looks like the dog is hooked to that power supply get a fat boy amp texas star is junk
Back to top Go down
http://skiptalke1.forumotion.com
binrat

avatar

Posts : 52
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 58
Location : Great White North

PostSubject: Re: New Toy.......   8/28/2009, 5:19 pm

Nice gear,
It must be really important to you. I see you have a watch dog posted by it to protect it.

binrat
Back to top Go down
http://www.adventureupwards.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New Toy.......   8/28/2009, 8:27 pm

B.B. Im not going to get involved in the who builds a better amp debate but will give you my quick opinion anyway.I think for what I am using it for the Texas Star is the way to go.Good clean watts to keep the neighbors happy even if it doesnt put out quite the watts the Chubby Girl will.For a mobile box though I would agree the bbw chunky girl would be my choice too....Binrat,thanks man...I couldnt resist its darn near mint even came with the box and everything.Oh and as far as the dog goes...Just try and touch my gear while Im not in the room YOULL SEE lol! Very Happy I love you
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New Toy.......   8/28/2009, 8:40 pm

[img][/img] Heres a shot of the whole mess.I really need to find a way to cover the back of the shelves or something to cover up all them wires...They Look Like Shat Exclamation Oh well whatta ya want for a Pa. hillbilly Question Shawn
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 194
Join date : 2009-03-05
Age : 74
Location : southern de

PostSubject: Re: New Toy.......   8/28/2009, 10:09 pm

[quote="outlawmobile"]B.B. Im not going to get involved in the who builds a better amp debate but will give you my quick opinion anyway.I think for what I am using it for the Texas Star is the way to go.Good clean watts to keep the neighbors happy even if it doesnt put out quite the watts the Chubby Girl will.For a mobile box though I would agree the bbw chunky girl would be my choice too....Binrat,thanks man...I couldnt resist its darn near mint even came with the box and everything.Oh and as far as the dog goes...Just try and touch my gear while Im not in the room YOULL SEE lol! Very Happy I love you[/quote]oh well its your money but i would buy a fat boy base box like a 2x4 Twisted Evil I love you
Back to top Go down
http://skiptalke1.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New Toy.......   8/28/2009, 11:48 pm

Admin wrote:
outlawmobile wrote:
B.B. Im not going to get involved in the who builds a better amp debate but will give you my quick opinion anyway.I think for what I am using it for the Texas Star is the way to go.Good clean watts to keep the neighbors happy even if it doesnt put out quite the watts the Chubby Girl will.For a mobile box though I would agree the bbw chunky girl would be my choice too....Binrat,thanks man...I couldnt resist its darn near mint even came with the box and everything.Oh and as far as the dog goes...Just try and touch my gear while Im not in the room YOULL SEE lol! Very Happy I love you
oh well its your money but i would buy a fat boy base box like a 2x4 Twisted Evil I love you
Holy H3ll B.B. why on Gods Green Earth would I need something that big on the base Question Im not trying to talk to Mars or Jupiter or anything like that Laughing clown Shawn
Back to top Go down
binrat

avatar

Posts : 52
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 58
Location : Great White North

PostSubject: Re: New Toy.......   8/28/2009, 11:50 pm

outlawmobile wrote:
[img][/img] Heres a shot of the whole mess.I really need to find a way to cover the back of the shelves or something to cover up all them wires...They Look Like Shat Exclamation Oh well whatta ya want for a Pa. hillbilly Question Shawn
Nice set-up. Very clean looking. I like the Shawn retirement fund on the right in the glass jug.


If you saw my radio desk you would sort of laugh.


binrat
Back to top Go down
http://www.adventureupwards.com
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 194
Join date : 2009-03-05
Age : 74
Location : southern de

PostSubject: Re: New Toy.......   8/29/2009, 1:02 am

[quote="binrat"][quote="outlawmobile"][img][img]http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif[/img][/img] Heres a shot of the whole mess.I really need to find a way to cover the back of the shelves or something to cover up all them wires...They Look Like Shat Exclamation Oh well whatta ya want for a Pa. hillbilly Question Shawn[/quote]
Nice set-up. Very clean looking. I like the Shawn retirement fund on the right in the glass jug.


If you saw my radio desk you would sort of laugh.


binrat[/quote] all you need is the fatboy 2 pill
Back to top Go down
http://skiptalke1.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New Toy.......   8/29/2009, 2:08 am

Thanks Binrat.I just basically redid everything the other night when I got home with the power supply.I was tugging,yanking and pulling wires all over the place so I got fed up and started new.It will of course all change in a few days when the Meter and l.p. filter get here.Always a work in progress Very Happy B.B. No I will not be running the Fatboy ...too dirty for the base.I will however gladly sell it for $150.00[or interesting trades]...Excellent condition with variable power and ssb delay,2 2879"s Good little mobile 2 pill to get you out of the grass or an awesome driver for a 6 pill on up Very Happy Shawn
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 194
Join date : 2009-03-05
Age : 74
Location : southern de

PostSubject: Re: New Toy.......   8/29/2009, 1:32 pm

[quote="outlawmobile"]Thanks Binrat.I just basically redid everything the other night when I got home with the power supply.I was tugging,yanking and pulling wires all over the place so I got fed up and started new.It will of course all change in a few days when the Meter and l.p. filter get here.Always a work in progress Very Happy B.B. No I will not be running the Fatboy ...too dirty for the base.I will however gladly sell it for $150.00[or interesting trades]...Excellent condition with variable power and ssb delay,2 2879"s Good little mobile 2 pill to get you out of the grass or an awesome driver for a 6 pill on up Very Happy Shawn[/quote] it is much cleaner than a texas star
Back to top Go down
http://skiptalke1.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New Toy.......   8/29/2009, 2:38 pm

Admin wrote:
outlawmobile wrote:
Thanks Binrat.I just basically redid everything the other night when I got home with the power supply.I was tugging,yanking and pulling wires all over the place so I got fed up and started new.It will of course all change in a few days when the Meter and l.p. filter get here.Always a work in progress Very Happy B.B. No I will not be running the Fatboy ...too dirty for the base.I will however gladly sell it for $150.00[or interesting trades]...Excellent condition with variable power and ssb delay,2 2879"s Good little mobile 2 pill to get you out of the grass or an awesome driver for a 6 pill on up Very Happy Shawn
it is much cleaner than a texas star
Ok well I know thAt I know better but I will bite on your hook B.B.....Please explain to me how a class c splatterbox is going to put out a cleaner signal than an ab-1 biased box??? Will it put out more signal pill for pill? Yes of course it will but cleaner Suspect I dont think so No But hey opinions are kinda like rear ends...everybodys got one Very Happy Shawn
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 194
Join date : 2009-03-05
Age : 74
Location : southern de

PostSubject: Re: New Toy.......   8/29/2009, 6:05 pm

[quote="outlawmobile"][quote="Admin"][quote="outlawmobile"]Thanks Binrat.I just basically redid everything the other night when I got home with the power supply.I was tugging,yanking and pulling wires all over the place so I got fed up and started new.It will of course all change in a few days when the Meter and l.p. filter get here.Always a work in progress Very Happy B.B. No I will not be running the Fatboy ...too dirty for the base.I will however gladly sell it for $150.00[or interesting trades]...Excellent condition with variable power and ssb delay,2 2879"s Good little mobile 2 pill to get you out of the grass or an awesome driver for a 6 pill on up Very Happy Shawn[/quote] it is much cleaner than a texas star[/quote] Ok well I know thAt I know better but I will bite on your hook B.B.....Please explain to me how a class c splatterbox is going to put out a cleaner signal than an ab-1 biased box??? Will it put out more signal pill for pill? Yes of course it will but cleaner Suspect I dont think so No But hey opinions are kinda like rear ends...everybodys got one Very Happy Shawn[/quote]mine are not dirty and you will not get the signal nor the audio from a texas star and if you are putting up an i-max that is a great splatter antenna no matter what coax you run I love you
Back to top Go down
http://skiptalke1.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New Toy.......   8/29/2009, 6:57 pm

Admin wrote:
outlawmobile wrote:
Admin wrote:
outlawmobile wrote:
Thanks Binrat.I just basically redid everything the other night when I got home with the power supply.I was tugging,yanking and pulling wires all over the place so I got fed up and started new.It will of course all change in a few days when the Meter and l.p. filter get here.Always a work in progress Very Happy B.B. No I will not be running the Fatboy ...too dirty for the base.I will however gladly sell it for $150.00[or interesting trades]...Excellent condition with variable power and ssb delay,2 2879"s Good little mobile 2 pill to get you out of the grass or an awesome driver for a 6 pill on up Very Happy Shawn
it is much cleaner than a texas star
Ok well I know thAt I know better but I will bite on your hook B.B.....Please explain to me how a class c splatterbox is going to put out a cleaner signal than an ab-1 biased box??? Will it put out more signal pill for pill? Yes of course it will but cleaner Suspect I dont think so No But hey opinions are kinda like rear ends...everybodys got one Very Happy Shawn
mine are not dirty and you will not get the signal nor the audio from a texas star and if you are putting up an i-max that is a great splatter antenna no matter what coax you run I love you
I dunno man...so far so good.I have been running a Big Stick and an Imax since I moved here and the T.S. too with no complaints from the neighbors yet.If it aint broke dont fix it they say,T.S. just works for me.so do the fiberglass bleed sticks.I always make sure to ground them thats all. Suspect Shawn
Back to top Go down
binrat

avatar

Posts : 52
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 58
Location : Great White North

PostSubject: Re: New Toy.......   8/29/2009, 10:14 pm

You have a set-up, why spend$ $$$ for another amp?
I like the looks man, cool clean basic set-up.

binrat
Back to top Go down
http://www.adventureupwards.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New Toy.......   8/29/2009, 10:40 pm

binrat wrote:
You have a set-up, why spend$ $$$ for another amp?
I like the looks man, cool clean basic set-up.

binrat
Thanks for the flowers flower flower flower Ummm I dunno I guess cause #1 Im never satisfied #2 I now have a power supply easily capable of bumping up to 2 2879"s with ease,maybe even 4 1446"s but not sure.Your probably rite though,I should just be happy with what I have.....After all I already quite honestly have more than I need Cool I guess its just the cb radio sickness that makes me want to spend spend spend Rolling Eyes Shawn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: New Toy.......   

Back to top Go down
 
New Toy.......
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the birdsnest :: Basket :: Birds Nest :: Cb Radio-
Jump to: